Welcome to Gollasch Consulting !
We are an independent service provider founded 1997 as an initiative of Dr. Stephan Gollasch. Located in Hamburg, Germany - the busiest German port - we provide services related to aquatic research and technology with a focus on ballast water. Since 2015 we are member of the Conctrol Union Certifications (CUC) U.S. Coast Card accepted Independent Laboratory to test ballast water management systems. During the >150 vessel voyages for shipboard tests of >20 ballast water management systems we visited all inhabited continents and took >1200 ballast water uptake and discharge samples.
Our main work focus includes:
- development of indicative and detailed ballast water sampling strategies;
- evaluation of indicative and detailed ballast water sample analysis tools;
- general support during the certification process of ballast water management systems;
- preparation of Basic and Final Approval dossiers according to IMO Guidelines G9 and the GESAMP-BWWG Methodology;
- training of port State control officers for compliance control with ballast water management standards;
- shipboard tests of ballast water management systems according to IMO und USCG requirements; as well as
- commissioning tests of ballast water management systems.
Our research interest becomes clear due to our involvement in these predominantly EU-funded projects:
The almost 20 years of research work included ballast water biology, sampling, non-indigenous and invasive species as well as risk assessment during the following projects:
- COMPLETE (2017-2021);
- ROSI (2016-2017);
- ShiSouWas (2016);
- TRACECA (2015);
- BALMAS (2014-2016);
- e-CME (2014-2015);
- VECTORS (2011-2015);
- EMSA BWS (2010-2011);
- TBP (2010);
- BWO (2009-2014);
- JETSAM (2009-2012)
- BaWaPla (2007-2009);
- IEEP (2007-2009);
- IMPASSE (2006-2008);
- DAISIE (2005-2008);
- Bremen Ballast Water Project (2001-2005); and
- MARTOB (2001-2003).